Diabetes1 Forumss

Forum

>
Topic Title: Possible MCL injury
Created On: 01/29/2002 08:56 PM

05/12/2004 10:35 AM

Author Icon
Newfie

Well, if all you do have is an MCL injury then your pretty lucky insurance wise. These injuries heal on their own but you have to treat it correctley. If your knee is still swollen, I suggest you start putting ice on it, and rest yourself for a couple of weeks (meaning don't go out and play sports...or go snowboarding!). Once the swelling goes down and your leg starts feeling more stable, start swimming (it's a big help!) You can also start doing leg strengthening excersizes on weight machines, and focus a lot on the quads and hamstrings. These muscles help support your knee. Whatever you do, don't underestimate your injury, even if you start to feel better don't get cocky on your feet, it take 6-8 weeks for an MCL to heal, maybe even longer. You should also make sure that you have not damaged anything else in your knee like your ACL or cartlidge. MCL injuries are sometimes coupled with other injuries to your ACL, meniscus etc. Good luck!
 01/29/2002 08:56 PM

Author Icon
ErinHuppertuser16052

I am a 20 year old female. I hurt my knee approximately 12 days ago while snowboarding. I heard a pop and now have pain on the medial side of my left knee. This pain has receeded considerably since the accident, but still resides when I extend the leg fully or try to flex it beyond 90 degrees. There is instability on the medial side (I believe yielding a positive valgus test). My physician didn't say much other than to return if I still felt pain 2 weeks later. Based on his less than stellar diagnosis and patient care, I am leary to return. I believe that I have a degree 2 MCL injury but want to avoid MRI's and OSs if possible to to financial reasons. Are there any stregthening exercies that could speed recovery? I have access to a pool and a weight room 7 days a week. Any help or insight you can offer is much appreciated!

RSS
From the BLOGS
KNOW THE BASIC INFORMATION OF DIABETES
Comment By ricvisa
more
Comment
more Blogs
Medication
By FatCatAnna

Posted: Mar 17, 2017
 Thanks for that Andre77 ... though in this area where you've posted "Type 1 Diabetes" - we already know we've got diabetes (50+ years for me).   DiabetesUK has a pretty good description of ...

more more Forums
Vlog: Things Your Doctor Doesn't Tell You
Vlog: Gene Kelly on Things Your Doctor Doesn't Tell You
Your doctor could never have enough time to tell you everything you could ...
more more Featured Videos
Cost Savings Tool
Do you know the annual cost of managing your diabetes? Would you like to find ways to reduce your costs? Calculate your total budget and identify ways to save money. You can do this in just a few minutes by entering facts about the products you use. This quick analysis will provide you with a comprehensive overview of both spending and potential savings.

Cost Savings Tool
Monitor Comparison Tools
Blood glucose monitors offer an easy way to test your blood sugar at home or on the go. Use this comparison tool as a guide to learn more about the features and benefits of your current monitor or to find a new one.
Handheld Monitor Comparison
Continuous Glucose Monitor Comparison
Advanced BMI Calculator
Ever wonder if you are at a healthy weight? Then enter your height and weight in our advanced Body Mass Index (BMI) calculator. This tool provides you with two important numbers reflecting the estimated impact of your present body weight and shape upon your overall health.
Advanced BMI Calculator
more Care Tools

Dr. Wayne Caputo

Dr. Wayne Caputo:

Simplifying Treatment of Diabetic Ulcers
  more
  more Heroes
  nominate a Hero
  Hero policy
Home | About Us | Press | Make a Suggestion | Content Syndication | Terms of Service | Editorial Policy | Privacy Policy
Last updated: Jan 21, 2022  © 2022 Body1 All rights reserved.