Diabetes1 Forumss

Forum

>
Topic Title: FDA concludes that Lantus is not linked to cancer
Created On: 01/12/2011 10:34 PM

02/01/2011 11:11 AM

Author Icon
AmariT

Considering how many things studies have shown might increase the risk of cancer, I'm surprised we're not all dead by 30.[br][br]Seriously, though, it's good that Lantus is passing the test, at least for now. Of course, they can't prove that it doesn't increase the risk of cancer, just say that it doesn't appear that it does right at this moment.
 01/12/2011 10:34 PM

Author Icon
FatCatAnna

[br][font face="verdana,geneva" size="2"]This is good news since I have used Lantus since it came out, and after the news that it could cause cancer, it made me decide to switch over to Levemir when I went back to MDI in April last (wrote a few blogs over the 6 months of being tubeless). Sadly, I am one of the few diabetics who experience allergic reaction to Levemir when I did try it and went back onto Lantus. [br][br]FDA will still continue to monitor reports from doctors and patients, so it's not being put into the closet - which is a good thing. Not that it really worried me that I could develop cancer from using Lantus, since insulin has been what has kept me alive the past 40+ years since being diagnosis. If I did get cancer maybe 40 years later, I still feel I would have lead a good life, even if it was cut short by cancer in my 90's. I mean, without insulin many of us wouldn't be alive today! [br][br]I know not everyone will think this way and can understand why some of my diabetic friends went off of Lantus due to the report that had been released. [br][br]To read more - go to the following link - [/font][url=http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2011-01-12/sanofi-s-lantus-hasn-t-been-linked-to-cancer-risk-fda-says.html][font face="verdana,geneva" size="2"]http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2011-01-12/sanofi-s-lantus-hasn-t-been-linked-to-cancer-risk-fda-says.html[/font][/url][br][br][font face="verdana,geneva"]<font size="2">UPDATE (January 16, 2011): The following link is the official *updated* report from the FDA - for those of you interested in the history of the Lantus scare that came out a few years ago - [/font]</font>[url=http://www.fda.gov/Drugs/DrugSafety/ucm239376.htm][font face="verdana,geneva" size="2"]http://www.fda.gov/Drugs/DrugSafety/ucm239376.htm[/font][/url]

RSS
From the BLOGS
KNOW THE BASIC INFORMATION OF DIABETES
Comment By ricvisa
more
Comment
more Blogs
Medication
By FatCatAnna

Posted: Mar 17, 2017
 Thanks for that Andre77 ... though in this area where you've posted "Type 1 Diabetes" - we already know we've got diabetes (50+ years for me).   DiabetesUK has a pretty good description of ...

more more Forums
Scott Dunton
Interview with Champion Surfer Scott Dunton
Diabetes Health TV interviews champion surfer Scott Dunton whose not only ...
more more Featured Videos
Cost Savings Tool
Do you know the annual cost of managing your diabetes? Would you like to find ways to reduce your costs? Calculate your total budget and identify ways to save money. You can do this in just a few minutes by entering facts about the products you use. This quick analysis will provide you with a comprehensive overview of both spending and potential savings.

Cost Savings Tool
Monitor Comparison Tools
Blood glucose monitors offer an easy way to test your blood sugar at home or on the go. Use this comparison tool as a guide to learn more about the features and benefits of your current monitor or to find a new one.
Handheld Monitor Comparison
Continuous Glucose Monitor Comparison
Advanced BMI Calculator
Ever wonder if you are at a healthy weight? Then enter your height and weight in our advanced Body Mass Index (BMI) calculator. This tool provides you with two important numbers reflecting the estimated impact of your present body weight and shape upon your overall health.
Advanced BMI Calculator
more Care Tools

Dr. Wayne Caputo

Dr. Wayne Caputo:

Simplifying Treatment of Diabetic Ulcers
  more
  more Heroes
  nominate a Hero
  Hero policy
Home | About Us | Press | Make a Suggestion | Content Syndication | Terms of Service | Editorial Policy | Privacy Policy
Last updated: Nov 17, 2019  © 2019 Body1 All rights reserved.