Diabetes1 Forumss

Forum

>
Topic Title: What is a good daily fitness routine?
Created On: 01/09/2012 07:32 AM

05/19/2013 11:30 PM

Author Icon
Arlen

the most work out I get during the several weeks time seems to be walking to and from my car so maybe I may be the wrong personal to offer you assistance....

[url=http://www.emrnews.com/electronic-medical-records-not-just-another-documentation-software/]
[/url]
 02/23/2013 02:43 AM

Author Icon
Adley

Proof also prevails that bacteria swarmed gum area and teeth lead to a inflammation inside the body, It is also recommended by doctors that one should seek advice from a dental professional every six months....
 01/26/2012 10:52 AM

Author Icon
AmariT

Shanrocks, welcome to the site! [br][br]Anna's already pointed you towards some great resources, but I there was also a helpful article on the subject last year: [url=/news/Exercise_Tips_for_People_with_Diabetes]Exercise Tips for People With Diabetes[/url] [br][url=/news/Exercise_Tips_for_People_with_Diabetes][br][/url]I hope these provide you with all of the information you need!
 01/09/2012 10:45 AM

Author Icon
FatCatAnna

[p=text-align: left;][font face="verdana,geneva" size="2"]Hey Shanrocks888 - welcome to Diabetes1.org! Noticed this is your first post here - so hopefully you come back to post more both here in the forums or in the blog area. Would love to read a blog about how you are doing with your fitness routine - and maybe get ME motiviated (I am a lousy cow ... I mean cat).[br][br]I clicked on the link that you put in your post below - but it didn't seem to show too much that was exercise related- but it looks like it posts some other interesting health info. What you have clipped from that website below for fitness routine sounds like good sound advise. Main thing is to make sure that your BG's (not sure what type of diabetes you have Shanrock888) - but try to not be too high or low before starting to exercise. Also, talking to your health care team is a good thing prior to undertaking any type of exericse routine - especially if it's not something you have done before.[br][br]There are some good links in this forum [url=/forum/Exercise/Exercise_for_Diabetics-19611#68221]post[/url] that you might want to check in the Exercise section as well - that should help educate you abit better (and myself too!!!).[br][br]I came across this [url=http://bcendocrineresearch.com/newsletter/v04/n02/Exercise_and_Blood_Sugar_Management_In_Type_1_Diabetes_s01.php]link[/url] that might better help you understand what I'm trying to put across here to you - in what exercise can do to our BG's, etc. Hope it helps you abit in finding the right fitness routine to suit you!!! If you find anymore links - post them here - ok?[br][br]HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!![br][/font][br][br][br][/p][p=text-align: center;][img=254x328]http://ams.body1.com/assets/FatCatAnna/poor-man-exercise-poster.jpg[/img][/p]
 01/09/2012 07:32 AM

Author Icon
shanrocks888

i need basically a fitness program for beginners. i want to tone my body. i've heard that a good exercise is one where you hold out your arms and move them in circles. that kind of thing. i just need something laid out for me to follow and i'll do it. i just don't know what to do or where to begin?[br][br]While searching net i got these this from [url=http://www.dailyfitnesstips4u.com/]daily fitness[/url] site. But don't know are they really good?[br][br]A good fitness program consists of the followings:[br][br]1. Cardio exercise - choose a cardio (running, swimming, walking, biking, jumping rope.......etc) you enjoy doing and do it 3-4 times per week, for 20-30 mins each. The cardio burns off body fat, strengthens your heart to keep it in good shape. It also expands your lung capacity so you're able to take in more oxygen into your body[br][br]2. Toning exercise/strength training - it helps you build muscles and burns off body fat even more efficiently since muscles are metabolically active, so they burn more fat. Do 3-4 times per week, for 10-20 mins each[br][br]3. Stretching - it helps to increase your flexibility and maintains your muscles in nimble and flexible state so that you move efficiently and you've lower risk of injuries. Stretch for 3 times per week for about 10-15 mins each[br][br]4. Eat healthy, nutritious diet, to maintain good health and keep excess weight off

RSS
From the BLOGS
KNOW THE BASIC INFORMATION OF DIABETES
Comment By ricvisa
more
Comment
more Blogs
Medication
By FatCatAnna

Posted: Mar 17, 2017
 Thanks for that Andre77 ... though in this area where you've posted "Type 1 Diabetes" - we already know we've got diabetes (50+ years for me).   DiabetesUK has a pretty good description of ...

more more Forums
Pattern Management Part 1
Pattern Management in Diabetes- Overview
An overview of "pattern management," the process of finding and using ...
more more Featured Videos
Cost Savings Tool
Do you know the annual cost of managing your diabetes? Would you like to find ways to reduce your costs? Calculate your total budget and identify ways to save money. You can do this in just a few minutes by entering facts about the products you use. This quick analysis will provide you with a comprehensive overview of both spending and potential savings.

Cost Savings Tool
Monitor Comparison Tools
Blood glucose monitors offer an easy way to test your blood sugar at home or on the go. Use this comparison tool as a guide to learn more about the features and benefits of your current monitor or to find a new one.
Handheld Monitor Comparison
Continuous Glucose Monitor Comparison
Advanced BMI Calculator
Ever wonder if you are at a healthy weight? Then enter your height and weight in our advanced Body Mass Index (BMI) calculator. This tool provides you with two important numbers reflecting the estimated impact of your present body weight and shape upon your overall health.
Advanced BMI Calculator
more Care Tools

Dr. Wayne Caputo

Dr. Wayne Caputo:

Simplifying Treatment of Diabetic Ulcers
  more
  more Heroes
  nominate a Hero
  Hero policy
Home | About Us | Press | Make a Suggestion | Content Syndication | Terms of Service | Editorial Policy | Privacy Policy
Last updated: Nov 14, 2019  © 2019 Body1 All rights reserved.