Created On: 03/07/2011 01:39 PM

11/20/2014 02:18 PM

Author Icon
Rogelio

<p>very helpful link. thank you for sharing</p>
 02/18/2013 06:52 AM

Author Icon
Adley

The basic diet program for excess weight that should contain nutritious, high calorie foods, carbs is also assential part for the excess weight, The diet program plan for the carbs meal bread, potatoes, brown rice, pasta, couscous,fresh and dried fruit....
 04/06/2011 01:42 PM

Author Icon
gracewang

Yes the link is helpful! And I found this link:[br][br][url=http://www.lifeclinic.com/focus/diabetes/exercise.asp]http://www.lifeclinic.com/focus/diabetes/exercise.asp[/url][br][br]Check it out!
 03/14/2011 11:23 AM

Author Icon
vdevur

Thanks AmariT for sharing the link.
 03/09/2011 03:52 PM

Author Icon
FatCatAnna

[font face="verdana,geneva" size="1"]Yes - AmariT is right ! The sky is the limit with exercise as a diabetic - consulting with your doctor or diabetic team though is the first step if you're doing this for the first time. Are you perhaps trying to get in shape for the Boston Marathon or climbing Mount Everest? [br][br]Kidding aside (though maybe you are preparing for the above - if so - awesome - can't wait to read about it here) - testing of blood sugars that are NOT above 10 mmol/l or 180 mg/dl is what I try to do when I'm going to do some huffing and puffing. Some websites say higher blood sugar reading then that but I don't think personally that's right. Again, ask your doctor for the best advise on this since I'm not medically trained (I've only lived with Type 1 for over 40 years - so I'm a Uni of Life Diabetic ). [br][br]One thing, with intense exercise it can sometimes cause your blood sugar levels to rise - over 14 mmol/l or 250 mg/dl (this is a lower scale - I've gone higher then that sometimes) . Depending on how you control your diabetes - either thru' exercise/diet/insulin - just be aware of how to deal with this. In my case, it's insulin correction. Of course, there's the possibility of going low, so always carry quick form of sugar, water (so you don't get dehydrated). Also make sure you have ID on you incase something happens (I wear cool bracelets from [url=http://www.rescuemeids.com/]Rescue Me ID's[/url]).[br][br]Not to scare you, depending on the control of your diabetes, and if you've had any complications from having diabetes already - e.g. eye disease or nerve damage. Some forms of exercise could be dangerous.[br][br]Can't wait to hear back from you Vdevur to see what type of exercise you are planning on doing! Maybe we can motivate each other to become more active!!![/font]
 03/08/2011 06:23 PM

Author Icon
AmariT

[br]Hi! I'm pretty sure it's okay for diabetics to do all the same exercises as nondiabetics, but here's an article with exercise tips for people with diabetes. [url=/News/Exercise_Tips_for_People_with_Diabetes]http://www.diabetes1.org/News/Exercise_Tips_for_People_with_Diabetes[/url] The most important thing is to make sure that you regularly check your blood sugar. I'd recommend both before and after exercising, as well as during if you start to feel nauseous or light-headed. [br][br][img=128x122]http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_Qzm6mmemSm4/R1gjOhRbNEI/AAAAAAAAATc/7gQgzSsBlDk/s400/cartoon_running.jpg[/img][br]
 03/07/2011 01:39 PM

Author Icon
vdevur

Could someone put some light on excercises for diabetics?

RSS
From the BLOGS
KNOW THE BASIC INFORMATION OF DIABETES
Comment By ricvisa
more
Comment
more Blogs
Medication
By FatCatAnna

Posted: Mar 17, 2017
 Thanks for that Andre77 ... though in this area where you've posted "Type 1 Diabetes" - we already know we've got diabetes (50+ years for me).   DiabetesUK has a pretty good description of ...

more more Forums
Maintain Good Health Part7
Immunizations- Maintaining Your Good Health
An overview of the immunizations and blood tests that diabetics may need....
more more Featured Videos
Cost Savings Tool
Do you know the annual cost of managing your diabetes? Would you like to find ways to reduce your costs? Calculate your total budget and identify ways to save money. You can do this in just a few minutes by entering facts about the products you use. This quick analysis will provide you with a comprehensive overview of both spending and potential savings.

Cost Savings Tool
Monitor Comparison Tools
Blood glucose monitors offer an easy way to test your blood sugar at home or on the go. Use this comparison tool as a guide to learn more about the features and benefits of your current monitor or to find a new one.
Handheld Monitor Comparison
Continuous Glucose Monitor Comparison
Advanced BMI Calculator
Ever wonder if you are at a healthy weight? Then enter your height and weight in our advanced Body Mass Index (BMI) calculator. This tool provides you with two important numbers reflecting the estimated impact of your present body weight and shape upon your overall health.
Advanced BMI Calculator
more Care Tools

Dr. Wayne Caputo

Dr. Wayne Caputo:

Simplifying Treatment of Diabetic Ulcers
  more
  more Heroes
  nominate a Hero
  Hero policy
Home | About Us | Press | Make a Suggestion | Content Syndication | Terms of Service | Editorial Policy | Privacy Policy
Last updated: Nov 26, 2021  © 2021 Body1 All rights reserved.