What's Best about this Site?

< REFRESH >
Topic Title: What's Best about this Site?
Created On: 01/13/2009 10:09 AM

View topic in raw text format.

Bookmark and Share

04/12/2009 02:58 PM

Author Icon
lilbabyrose

I'm a little late to this as I've just joined the site but here's my two cents if you're still surfing the waves here...Everybody is going to have their own preferences with what information they find most important to them so you might want to try just asking your grandmother what interests her about all this and her specific worries and concerns.Aside from that some things I can think of off the top of my head that most would find beneficial are up-to-date information on related research and new products available to diabetics, tips and tricks on dealing with the disease (I would think there would be more tips and tricks to share amongst insulin-users as, to my knowledge, oral meds generally aren't adjusted by what or when you eat), diabetic-friendly recipes and just general support. More localized would be endocrinologist and diabetes nurse/educator recommendations.This site is still pretty new in the grand scheme of things and I'm sure they'd love to hear from the consumers regarding what they like and dislike about the site and things they feel would be beneficial additions to the site. Maybe once you talk to your grandmother you can contact the site administrator or something with ideas. Good luck to you and your grandmother.

REPLY     Quote     Top     Bottom    
 01/13/2009 02:34 PM

Author Icon
dorisjdickson

Well, this is a newer website and very open to user needs and requests. Please let us know what you'd like to read about, what questions you or your grandmother have so we can provide the information and support you and your family need.We try to think out of the box here and not just provide the same answers you'll read anywhere else. Is there a question or topic you'd like to read about?Thanks.Doris Dickson

-------------------------
Doris

diagnosed juvenile-onset diabetes 11/2/76
 01/13/2009 10:09 AM

Author Icon
o11111

Hello I'm new to diabetes1.org..My grandmother was recently diagnosed with type 2, and I'm searching the net for possible support options for her. This site seems great, but I wanted to find out what users thought and how you primarily use the site.I can't begin to understand what it'd be like to live with diabetes, so I'm not familiar with what resources someone would want.I think my grandmother would benefit from the support and information, so if you have a minute, please share.Thanks for your help in advance : )

Bookmark and Share

View topic in raw text format.
< REFRESH >
RSS

Your Diabetes Treatment Plan: Nutrition (Part 2)
Choose Foods Low In Fat-Treatment Plan: Nutrition
How to choose foods low in fat...
more more Featured Videos
Cost Savings Tool
Do you know the annual cost of managing your diabetes? Would you like to find ways to reduce your costs? Calculate your total budget and identify ways to save money. You can do this in just a few minutes by entering facts about the products you use. This quick analysis will provide you with a comprehensive overview of both spending and potential savings.

Cost Savings Tool
Monitor Comparison Tools
Blood glucose monitors offer an easy way to test your blood sugar at home or on the go. Use this comparison tool as a guide to learn more about the features and benefits of your current monitor or to find a new one.
Handheld Monitor Comparison
Continuous Glucose Monitor Comparison
Advanced BMI Calculator
Ever wonder if you are at a healthy weight? Then enter your height and weight in our advanced Body Mass Index (BMI) calculator. This tool provides you with two important numbers reflecting the estimated impact of your present body weight and shape upon your overall health.
Advanced BMI Calculator
more Care Tools
Home | About Us | Press | Make a Suggestion | Content Syndication | Terms of Service | Editorial Policy | Privacy Policy
Last updated: Jul 21, 2019  © 2019 Body1 All rights reserved.
test