Created On: 04/20/2009 01:43 PM

12/19/2014 03:19 AM

Author Icon
Rogelio

<p> I see all post are must be apriciated for diet controling. Thanks all. </p>
 03/01/2013 06:12 AM

Author Icon
Devante22

Eat less and work out more. Seems to be easy enough, but in the viewpoint of real way of life and its specifications, it can be anything but Since 3,500 calorie consumption is equal to about 1 lb of fat, if you cut 500 calorie consumption from your common eating plan each day, you'll reduce roughly 1 lb per weeks time...[br]
 02/18/2013 06:47 AM

Author Icon
Adley

Low carbs diet plans perform for some individuals and quite normally each with different limitations on the kinds and volumes of cerb you can eat, Because these diet plans have what's known as a diuretic impact so average carbs rate may be better than a higher carbs rate....
 07/22/2010 03:03 PM

Author Icon
High_Carb_Freak

[br]Hi![br][br]There is something I would like to share with you - I recently discovered this diabetic friendly pita bread. Read more about it, it's great![br][br]High Fiber Plus Pita Bread is a new arrival to the expanding menu of unique bread products from Joseph's Bakery, the Massachusetts-based quality food manufacturer with a nationwide reach. It has been developed to become the first diabetic friendly pita bread, allowing customers diagnosed with diabetes to enjoy its delicious taste and nutritional qualities without having to worry about complications. It was officially certified by the prestigious Glycemic Research Institute to carry its low glycemic mark on labeling after it passed a rigorous procedure, both medical and legal, in its international testing facility in March 2010. It is available in good food stores around the country and at Joseph's Bakery website (josephsbakery.com), which is fitted with e-commerce.[br]One [url=http://www.josephsbakery.com/p-10287-High-Fiber-Plus-Diabetic-Friendly-Pita-Bread]High Fiber Plus Diabetic Friendly Pita Bread[/url] package carries 4 servings, with each pita weighing 2.25oz/64g. Every serving includes 130 calories and 30 calories from fat. Based on a 2000-calorie diet, it provides 4% of daily value of fat (3% of saturated fat), 17% of sodium, 7% of carbohydrate, 8% of iron and 4% of calcium. Importantly, it is free of trans fat and cholesterol, while keeping the daily value for dietary fiber high at 38%. Combined with its phenomenal results from the tests at the Glycemic Research Institute, these nutrition facts make for an exceptionally healthy food choice for a diabetic.[br][br]Like so many other baking wonders from Joseph's Bakery, High Fiber Plus is a creative replacement for traditional bread or rolls in sandwiches, breathing some fresh air into breakfast and lunch. They are softer than a lot of pitas by other producers, so there is no problem with wrapping things in easily. They are stronger too, so crumbling under pressure is no longer a big concern. [br][br] [br][br] [br][br] [br][br] [br][br] [br][br]
 04/20/2009 03:45 PM

Author Icon
dorisjdickson

Hi Jenn

I do not eat much sugar free food either. Honestly, I preferred saccharin (especially in fountain drinks) to Nutrasweet. I don't drink cola products at all anymore (no caffeine). Once in a blue moon I drink Diet A&W rootbeer or Crystal Light products.

I use NO products that contain sugar alcohol. We were told >32 years ago when I was first diagnosed at the Joslin to not use anything containing sugar alcohols (e.g. sorbitol, manitol, etc.) since they do raise blood sugar but not in a predictable manner. Not to mention, we now know they give many people gastrointestinal problems.

I do not eat low sugar or low fat icecream either. If they take out the fat (and the taste) they merely add sugar. They take out the sugar and it's just plain gross. I'm an icecream purist. It's my thing. And I really do a good job keeping my blood sugar in my target with regular, whole fat icecream and a bottle of Humalog and sometimes Regular insulin.

Milk is another one. I drink whole milk or Hood 2% milk. That's it. Not only can I not stand the taste of low fat or skim milk (reminds me of dry milk we were made to drink as kids for cost reasons) but lower fat means higher lactose (milk sugar) and, thus, higher blood sugar - faster! So far my lipids have not paid the price - then again, I'm a firm believer that normalized blood sugar has as much (if not more) effect on lipids as do fats. And with an A1C of 5.1 and a lower carb meal plan, I've positioned myself well to eliminate high blood sugar as a cause of high LDL or triglycerides.

These are choices we all make but we also need to be afford all the information - not must the pieces the docs want us to have. For instance ... they neglect to mention that high carb diets cause high triglyceride levels and that low fat milk has more sugar. Silly them!
 04/20/2009 01:43 PM

Author Icon
jenn088

We all have heard of foods and beverages that are labeled as "diet" or "sugar free"- diet soda, sugar free candy/cookies, etc. I am not really a fan of soda as much as I used to be and especially not diet soda. As for the cookies, candy, ice cream, and so on, well, I definitely can't say I'm not a fan of those, and they can be very difficult to resist. I feel that as a type 2 diabetic, sugar-free candies are probably better health-wise than the sugary stuff, though still that it is not to say they are "healthy". When my mom yells at my dad for eating too many sweets, my dad will give the usual excuse that "it's sugar-free!". I also am a junk food fanatic and whenever I see reese's candy, those cookies 'n cream hershey bars, oreo cookies, etc. it can get EXTREMELY tempting. But I think even eating a lot of the "diet" and "sugar free" stuff can be just as bad as eating their sugary counterparts because of the extra artificial junk that is added into the sugar free and diet products. So even if something has a label that says it is healthier, it doesn't mean that ok to FREQUENTLY eat it. We should all be careful on how much we eat of both the sugary AND sugar-free foods/beverages, as too much of anything is not good.

RSS
From the BLOGS
KNOW THE BASIC INFORMATION OF DIABETES
Comment By ricvisa
more
Comment
more Blogs
Medication
By FatCatAnna

Posted: Mar 17, 2017
 Thanks for that Andre77 ... though in this area where you've posted "Type 1 Diabetes" - we already know we've got diabetes (50+ years for me).   DiabetesUK has a pretty good description of ...

more more Forums
Kids Living with Type 1 Diabetes
Meet kids who are living with type 1 diabetes. The kids share some of ...
more more Featured Videos
Cost Savings Tool
Do you know the annual cost of managing your diabetes? Would you like to find ways to reduce your costs? Calculate your total budget and identify ways to save money. You can do this in just a few minutes by entering facts about the products you use. This quick analysis will provide you with a comprehensive overview of both spending and potential savings.

Cost Savings Tool
Monitor Comparison Tools
Blood glucose monitors offer an easy way to test your blood sugar at home or on the go. Use this comparison tool as a guide to learn more about the features and benefits of your current monitor or to find a new one.
Handheld Monitor Comparison
Continuous Glucose Monitor Comparison
Advanced BMI Calculator
Ever wonder if you are at a healthy weight? Then enter your height and weight in our advanced Body Mass Index (BMI) calculator. This tool provides you with two important numbers reflecting the estimated impact of your present body weight and shape upon your overall health.
Advanced BMI Calculator
more Care Tools

Dr. Wayne Caputo

Dr. Wayne Caputo:

Simplifying Treatment of Diabetic Ulcers
  more
  more Heroes
  nominate a Hero
  Hero policy
Home | About Us | Press | Make a Suggestion | Content Syndication | Terms of Service | Editorial Policy | Privacy Policy
Last updated: Nov 14, 2019  © 2019 Body1 All rights reserved.