Diabetes1 Forumss

Forum

>
Topic Title: Diabetes from Pancreatic Cancer Treatment
Created On: 06/20/2009 08:59 PM

06/22/2009 11:08 AM

Author Icon
dorisjdickson

Please be more careful about facts that you present as facts because as you say, Apple press releases are very tight lipped. Therefore, more than that is conjecture.

We do know as facts from their press releases that Steve Jobs was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer a while back. I believe they also said he had a Whipple procedure but they did NOT say he had most or all of his pancreas removed. Removal of all or most of the pancrease is not the definition of a Whipple procedure. Therefore, not all Whipple procedures result in a diabetes. Again, this is conjecture based on assumptions and should be presented as such.

And what the news has been saying is that information has been leaked that he had a liver transplant. There has not been a press release of fact. The sources were not revealed which also creates uncertainty to actual facts. Unless I hear something directly from Mr. Jobs or a press release from Apple, I don't consider anything a fact.

However, I have blogged about Mr. Jobs in the past and wish him well.

Doris Dickson
 06/20/2009 08:59 PM

Author Icon

Diabetes is likely adding to Apple founder and product genius Steve Jobs's woes. While Apple is notoriously tight-lipped- they just announced for example, that Steve *had* a liver transplant two months ago - see: http://news.aol.com/article/re...-jobs-had-liver/535743 - he had most- or all- of his pancreas removed. That would de facto mean Type1 diabetes, wouldn't it? Steve really looks like he has aged about 20 years in the past 2. Let's pray he does well- for him, his family, and the USA which desperately needs his talents.

RSS
From the BLOGS
KNOW THE BASIC INFORMATION OF DIABETES
Comment By ricvisa
more
Comment
more Blogs
Medication
By FatCatAnna

Posted: Mar 17, 2017
 Thanks for that Andre77 ... though in this area where you've posted "Type 1 Diabetes" - we already know we've got diabetes (50+ years for me).   DiabetesUK has a pretty good description of ...

more more Forums
Maintain Good Health Part7
Immunizations- Maintaining Your Good Health
An overview of the immunizations and blood tests that diabetics may need....
more more Featured Videos
Cost Savings Tool
Do you know the annual cost of managing your diabetes? Would you like to find ways to reduce your costs? Calculate your total budget and identify ways to save money. You can do this in just a few minutes by entering facts about the products you use. This quick analysis will provide you with a comprehensive overview of both spending and potential savings.

Cost Savings Tool
Monitor Comparison Tools
Blood glucose monitors offer an easy way to test your blood sugar at home or on the go. Use this comparison tool as a guide to learn more about the features and benefits of your current monitor or to find a new one.
Handheld Monitor Comparison
Continuous Glucose Monitor Comparison
Advanced BMI Calculator
Ever wonder if you are at a healthy weight? Then enter your height and weight in our advanced Body Mass Index (BMI) calculator. This tool provides you with two important numbers reflecting the estimated impact of your present body weight and shape upon your overall health.
Advanced BMI Calculator
more Care Tools

Dr. Wayne Caputo

Dr. Wayne Caputo:

Simplifying Treatment of Diabetic Ulcers
  more
  more Heroes
  nominate a Hero
  Hero policy
Home | About Us | Press | Make a Suggestion | Content Syndication | Terms of Service | Editorial Policy | Privacy Policy
Last updated: Sep 21, 2019  © 2019 Body1 All rights reserved.