Diabetes1 Forumss

Forum

>
Topic Title: Roche aquires Medingo
Created On: 04/17/2010 08:15 PM

01/13/2013 03:44 PM

Author Icon
FatCatAnna

[font face="verdana,geneva" size="2"]Sadly, still no news on when the Solo Pump will ever make it to the public to use. According to some of the articles that came across my screen - in researching for the answer - Mike Hoskins at Diabetes Mine says pretty well the same thing as I thought the answer would be - nothing ... still - you can read up on some of the HOT items for 2013 at his blog [url=http://www.diabetesmine.com/2013/01/the-clocks-ticking-on-new-d-products-for-2013.html]link[/url] .[/font][br]
 04/18/2010 11:42 AM

Author Icon
FatCatAnna

[br]I [url=/forum/Insulin_Pump_Users/SoloMicropump_Omnipod_has_competition-18720#65919]wrote [/url]about the Solo pump in the InsulinPump area of the forums here at Diabetes1.org. Another [url=/blogs/Omnipod_Insulin_Management_System/pod_with_adhesive_attaching]discussion [/url]in the blog area that kind of went off from a different thread has had a bit of activity (have linked your posting here so we're all in the "loop").[br][br]Anyway, I'd written about having tried the "demo" version of the Solo pump - and waiting to be called up to be one of the guinea pigs to test this out. Then like you say, the pat month things have been happening, the project has been halted for now while the big bucks/legalities are thrown around. I'm telling you, we diabetics (and others with medical conditions) are pawns in this high tech / pharmaceticual world of ours. Money makes the world go around - sigh.[br][br]I guess the one thing that I liked about the demo pod - it lies very flat on your skin, tho' not sure how I would do after 3 days of wearing it with all the adhesive touching my skin. How do you fair in that area Cherise? Do you have to apply some sort of protection wipe or you have no problems with the large amount of adhesive adhered to your skin.[br][br]The other aspect of the Solo pump is that the insulin cartridge can be refilled, unlike the Omnipod that when it runs out of insulin, you have to change the whole assembly (have talked to a few Omnipod users and this is one thing they don't like). I found it very easy to remove the insulin reservoir from the base of the Solo pump, and then reattach it. Yes, there was no infusion set in me, so not sure if it would quite as easy as it was without the cannula stuck into the skin, but I was hoping to be part of the test team for that as I'm sure others are/were that have received the demo Solo pump and been put on the list for prospective testers of the product.[br][br]I guess I am the type of gal that doesn't stick to one brand if something. If it has options that are better then what I have now, I'm willing to give it a go. This is how I came about using the Animas 2020, by test driving a few different insulin pumps that were available to the Canadian consumer at the time (this was back in 2008). The companies wanted me as a client, so they allowed me to try their products for free. I think this has changed over the years now, but you never know until you ask![br][br]As you know from my current blogs, I'm on a pump break, gone back to my original roots of multiple doesage injecting (MDI). Sure don't miss the tubing, that's for sure . The one thing that Americans are very lucky to have experienced with the Omnipod is not having to deal with tubing getting wrapped around the door knob. Also, perhaps soon there will be another tubeless pump available as to you. The rest of the world will continue to be patient, while our countries make sure these products are safe to use on their residents. I am patient, I am patient, tap, tap, tap .[br]
 04/17/2010 08:15 PM

Author Icon
Diabetic_Iz_Me

[p] Today I was browsing d-blogs (diabetes blogs) and news--ran across an article [url=http://www.diabeteshealth.com/read/2010/04/14/6643/roche-acquires-medingo-ltd--makers-of-the-solo-micropump/]"Roche aquires Medingo Ltd., makers of the Solo MicroPump. [/url] When I heard about the Solo pump a few months ago, I wasn't on board or even excited about it. The company was new to diabetes, had to work out a few issues and to be honest with you-- I am a little biased because I have the Omnipod. Don't get me wrong the features on the SoloPump are cool. You can bolus without the PDM and it's smaller than the Omnipod but Insulet is working on making the Pod smaller. Will the Medingo of CGM capability? New products are aren't appealing to me but then again the Omnipod was only on the market for a few years. I am curious to see what Roche decides to do with the SoloPump. What are your thoughts? Cherise [/p]

RSS
From the BLOGS
KNOW THE BASIC INFORMATION OF DIABETES
Comment By ricvisa
more
Comment
more Blogs
Medication
By FatCatAnna

Posted: Mar 17, 2017
 Thanks for that Andre77 ... though in this area where you've posted "Type 1 Diabetes" - we already know we've got diabetes (50+ years for me).   DiabetesUK has a pretty good description of ...

more more Forums
Vlog: Gene Kelly's Personal Diagnosis
Vlog: Gene Kelly's Personal Diagnosis
Gene talks about being diagnosed with diabetes when he was 12 years old ...
more more Featured Videos
Cost Savings Tool
Do you know the annual cost of managing your diabetes? Would you like to find ways to reduce your costs? Calculate your total budget and identify ways to save money. You can do this in just a few minutes by entering facts about the products you use. This quick analysis will provide you with a comprehensive overview of both spending and potential savings.

Cost Savings Tool
Monitor Comparison Tools
Blood glucose monitors offer an easy way to test your blood sugar at home or on the go. Use this comparison tool as a guide to learn more about the features and benefits of your current monitor or to find a new one.
Handheld Monitor Comparison
Continuous Glucose Monitor Comparison
Advanced BMI Calculator
Ever wonder if you are at a healthy weight? Then enter your height and weight in our advanced Body Mass Index (BMI) calculator. This tool provides you with two important numbers reflecting the estimated impact of your present body weight and shape upon your overall health.
Advanced BMI Calculator
more Care Tools

Dr. Wayne Caputo

Dr. Wayne Caputo:

Simplifying Treatment of Diabetic Ulcers
  more
  more Heroes
  nominate a Hero
  Hero policy
Home | About Us | Press | Make a Suggestion | Content Syndication | Terms of Service | Editorial Policy | Privacy Policy
Last updated: Oct 27, 2020  © 2020 Body1 All rights reserved.