Diabetes1 Forumss

Forum

>
Topic Title: Solution to Animas 2020 insulin pump working past Dec 31/15
Created On: 12/30/2012 05:13 PM

01/11/2013 04:39 PM

Author Icon
FatCatAnna

[font face="verdana,geneva" size="2"]Please note that this fix will NOT work - if you go to my blog post [url=/blogs/Annas_Blog/Official_response_from_Animas_with_2020_sw_issue]link[/url] from January 7, 2013 - Caroline Pavis who is the Communicatons Director for Animas in the United States explains the reason why. [br][br]I've since then questioned her a few times - especially with the latest recall released on January 3/13 - stating a new problem with 2020 pump - with component issue - which I experienced with Salvadaor Dali last year - and he was replaced by George Michael. It's very sad is all I can say - that in this recall - that Animas feels that his is not a SAFETY RISK - that the pump does not function with these component issues (I know mine didn't).[br][br]The answers I receive back - are very safely worded - and no help at all - and useless to post to my readers here - as it might get you fuming like it has for a few that have been forwarded the replies from Ms. Pavis.[br][br]I wonder - how many diabetics work at Animas and feel proud to say that the client comes first? I think I'm too honest a person to work for a firm that supposably thinks of their profit before their customers first. Welcome corporate America - brush the client under the door mat!!![br][br][br][/font][p=text-align: center;][img]http://www.thecatgallery.co.uk/acatalog/Crazy-cat-lady-doormat-L.jpg[/img][/p]
 12/30/2012 05:13 PM

Author Icon
FatCatAnna

If none of you have read my [url=/blogs/Annas_Blog/Animas_2020_Software_Glitch]blog[/url] about Animas 2020 insulin pumps having an expiry date on their software - then check it out. Sadly, Animas has known about the program stopping the pump from working since 2000 when the pump was introduced to the public. Why they never made a fix in later productions of this series of pumps OR notify users earlier - still leaves me with my mouth wide open.[br][br]I have a friend - who is also a diabetic (he wears a Medtronic pump - that has no issues with software stopping it from functioning past a certain date - lucky bugger) - he and I have been trying to figure out how to help others don't have insurance to purchase a new pump - or are out of warranty. Many of us find pumping a luxury at the expense we have to fork out for it, but at the same time, find our control of our diabetes better maintained, so we want to continue pumping even if it means sacrificing others things in life - it outweighs the expense many times over.[br][br]So, here's the tip he has given us - and I'll be attempting again - in the New Year - to get a truthful and easy to understand answer from Animas technical department - to pass onto you ...[br][br]"I found out that 2013 is just like 2002 in the day formation etc. If you need to MODEL your Animas after a year... it looks like 2002 will be the one! "[/size]

RSS
From the BLOGS
KNOW THE BASIC INFORMATION OF DIABETES
Comment By ricvisa
more
Comment
more Blogs
Medication
By FatCatAnna

Posted: Mar 17, 2017
 Thanks for that Andre77 ... though in this area where you've posted "Type 1 Diabetes" - we already know we've got diabetes (50+ years for me).   DiabetesUK has a pretty good description of ...

more more Forums
Santa Claus Gave Me Diabetes
Santa Claus Gave Me Diabetes
Comedy music duo Stuckey and Murray sing a humorous song about the true ...
more more Featured Videos
Cost Savings Tool
Do you know the annual cost of managing your diabetes? Would you like to find ways to reduce your costs? Calculate your total budget and identify ways to save money. You can do this in just a few minutes by entering facts about the products you use. This quick analysis will provide you with a comprehensive overview of both spending and potential savings.

Cost Savings Tool
Monitor Comparison Tools
Blood glucose monitors offer an easy way to test your blood sugar at home or on the go. Use this comparison tool as a guide to learn more about the features and benefits of your current monitor or to find a new one.
Handheld Monitor Comparison
Continuous Glucose Monitor Comparison
Advanced BMI Calculator
Ever wonder if you are at a healthy weight? Then enter your height and weight in our advanced Body Mass Index (BMI) calculator. This tool provides you with two important numbers reflecting the estimated impact of your present body weight and shape upon your overall health.
Advanced BMI Calculator
more Care Tools

Dr. Wayne Caputo

Dr. Wayne Caputo:

Simplifying Treatment of Diabetic Ulcers
  more
  more Heroes
  nominate a Hero
  Hero policy
Home | About Us | Press | Make a Suggestion | Content Syndication | Terms of Service | Editorial Policy | Privacy Policy
Last updated: Nov 14, 2019  © 2019 Body1 All rights reserved.