Do you postpone eating when your BG is high?

< REFRESH >
Topic Title: Do you postpone eating when your BG is high?
Created On: 03/02/2013 02:17 PM

View topic in raw text format.

Bookmark and Share

05/16/2016 06:43 PM

Author Icon
andre77

Test?

REPLY     Quote     Top     Bottom    
 05/16/2016 06:42 PM

Author Icon
andre77

I sometimes wait for the sugar to drop naturally by doing some exercise, but sometime i inject insulin. Depends on the blood sugar levels (blood sugar levels chart).I never had my sugar levels insanely high so I can't say much about it really.Andre

10/01/2014 04:48 AM

Author Icon
Sherly800

Not really. I think that the BG is already high and nothing you do at the moment will help reduce it instantly. So, if you are really hungry, it's good to eat. Check out this book, it is really helpful in understanding what you should and shouldn't do HIGH BLOOD SUGAR: FIND THE CAUSE AND ELIMINATE IT!

03/02/2013 02:17 PM

Author Icon
FatCatAnna

I am abit anal about my blood sugar. I try to aim for a certain number before eating - and if it's not in that "happy zone" - I tend to not feel hungry. Usually my high numbers are in the morning - not always - but usually that's the time (note - I am a T1D - using insulin).

Usually I have a coffee, do a correction with insulin, and check later - and I'm alright in a few hours - depending on what my reading was at the time.

I actually am feeling hungry (e.g. just now I tested my BG as it's lunch time - I was in a BG zone that I wasn't happy with) - and what I decided to nibble on in the meantime - while I wait for the insulin to take effect is to have a little snack of roasted seaweed. I discovered this little treat about a month ago at Costco - saw a teen putting two boxes of it in his Mum's cart. I got talking to her, and decided I'd pick up some next time.

It's low in calorires - 30 - low in sodium (I know - seaweed is from salt water) - contains 1 gram of carb (not worthy injecting for) - and it takes away my little empty hungry pang (which for me - is very infrequent).

Here's the link to what I purchased - you maybe able to find it where you live - or something similar - just read the nutritiion facts - and you'll be all set .... ( http://www.frugalhotspot.com/2...-roasted-seaweed-6-89/ )

-------------------------
Anna from Montreal, Canada
Type 1 since 1967
Now using a nifty CGMS along with an insulin pump!!!

Bookmark and Share

View topic in raw text format.
< REFRESH >
RSS

Symptoms of Diabetes
Find out more about the symptoms of diabetes, especially type 2. You will ...
more more Featured Videos
Cost Savings Tool
Do you know the annual cost of managing your diabetes? Would you like to find ways to reduce your costs? Calculate your total budget and identify ways to save money. You can do this in just a few minutes by entering facts about the products you use. This quick analysis will provide you with a comprehensive overview of both spending and potential savings.

Cost Savings Tool
Monitor Comparison Tools
Blood glucose monitors offer an easy way to test your blood sugar at home or on the go. Use this comparison tool as a guide to learn more about the features and benefits of your current monitor or to find a new one.
Handheld Monitor Comparison
Continuous Glucose Monitor Comparison
Advanced BMI Calculator
Ever wonder if you are at a healthy weight? Then enter your height and weight in our advanced Body Mass Index (BMI) calculator. This tool provides you with two important numbers reflecting the estimated impact of your present body weight and shape upon your overall health.
Advanced BMI Calculator
more Care Tools
Home | About Us | Press | Make a Suggestion | Content Syndication | Terms of Service | Editorial Policy | Privacy Policy
Last updated: Aug 24, 2017  © 2017 Body1 All rights reserved.