< REFRESH >
Topic Title: Temporary Tattoo Monitors Blood Glucose Levels
Created On: 01/16/2015 11:47 AM

View topic in raw text format.

Bookmark and Share

01/16/2015 11:47 AM

Author Icon
FatCatAnna

Imagine not having to vampire prick your fingers anymore to get your blood glucose results (I do this about 5X a day sometimes more - even with using the Dexcom G4 at the moment).

Well, a few scientists are developing a small "tattoo" that remains on the skin for up to 2-3 days. It gently draws glucose from cells (test participants felt some slight stinging but nothing that would stop them from using it). The research team is still working on little details (like numerical readout via a Bluetooth Instrument to send info to GP's office or a device). Hopefully their ideas won't be squashed by the pharmaceutical companies that make the current blood meters we all use today.

You can check out more at the following link - http://www.iflscience.com/health-and-medicine/temporary-tattoo-diabetics-could-eliminate-need-finger-prick-tests

Would this interest you if it was covered by your health insurance or at least affordable (compared to my $5-7K I pay for the Dexcom G4 it would be for me if paying out of pocket)?

Personally, I would if it's accurate (within 20% is what I look for in meter accuracy) - but like others are saying the FreeStyle Libre is of interest to those of us who would like to get away from the finger pricking ordeal we go through everyday for tight control.

-------------------------
Anna from Montreal, Canada
Type 1 since 1967
Now using a nifty CGMS along with an insulin pump!!!

REPLY     Quote     Top     Bottom    

Bookmark and Share

View topic in raw text format.
< REFRESH >
RSS

Problem Solving Part 4
How To Choose Dishes-Diabetes Problem Solving
Tips for eating healthy even when you're dining out (part 2)...
more more Featured Videos
Cost Savings Tool
Do you know the annual cost of managing your diabetes? Would you like to find ways to reduce your costs? Calculate your total budget and identify ways to save money. You can do this in just a few minutes by entering facts about the products you use. This quick analysis will provide you with a comprehensive overview of both spending and potential savings.

Cost Savings Tool
Monitor Comparison Tools
Blood glucose monitors offer an easy way to test your blood sugar at home or on the go. Use this comparison tool as a guide to learn more about the features and benefits of your current monitor or to find a new one.
Handheld Monitor Comparison
Continuous Glucose Monitor Comparison
Advanced BMI Calculator
Ever wonder if you are at a healthy weight? Then enter your height and weight in our advanced Body Mass Index (BMI) calculator. This tool provides you with two important numbers reflecting the estimated impact of your present body weight and shape upon your overall health.
Advanced BMI Calculator
more Care Tools
Home | About Us | Press | Make a Suggestion | Content Syndication | Terms of Service | Editorial Policy | Privacy Policy
Last updated: Jul 27, 2017  © 2017 Body1 All rights reserved.