< REFRESH >
Topic Title: Battery change in Animas 2020
Created On: 02/09/2009 11:59 AM

View topic in raw text format.

Bookmark and Share

02/09/2009 11:59 AM

Author Icon
FatCatAnna

I was out racing yesterday (team of speed happy husky's - woo!woo!woo!) - so wasn't really able to hear my pump warnings until I decided to bolus for a hot chocolate. Low and behold - battery low - so off I went into the woods where I would be able to see the screen without the sun beaming on it. I have found when I change my battery - and I do it quickly even with frozen fingertips - that my pump seems to reset the insulin reservoir to 0 - even tho' I still have insulin! In order to get it working - I have to disconnect - go thru' the Rewind / Load / Prime / Fill Cannula sequence - in order for the insulin cartridge to show again. Very frustrating yesterday - as it was cold - and I was in the way of a few x-country skiers.Just curious if this has happened to any of you whether it be an Animas 2020 or other make of pump? Because I only change my battery on average every 3-4 months (lithium last a long time) - and it did do this to me last time - I don't really recall if it did this earlier (I should keep a log book shouldn't I?).After yesterday's episode - I wish sometimes I had the Ping - with the remote - because it would come in real handy when I'm all wrapped up in warm clothing and having to expose my skin to the elements ! Come on summer!!!

-------------------------
Anna from Montreal, Canada
Type 1 since 1967
Currently switching back forth between insulin pump/MDI (whichever one I can afford!!)
A1C 6.2%

REPLY     Quote     Top     Bottom    

Bookmark and Share

View topic in raw text format.
< REFRESH >
RSS

Vlog: Gene Kelly on Insulin to Carb Ratio
Vlog: Gene Kelly on Insulin to Carb Ratio
Gene discusses factors that go into every diabetic's unique insulin-to-carb ...
more more Featured Videos
Cost Savings Tool
Do you know the annual cost of managing your diabetes? Would you like to find ways to reduce your costs? Calculate your total budget and identify ways to save money. You can do this in just a few minutes by entering facts about the products you use. This quick analysis will provide you with a comprehensive overview of both spending and potential savings.

Cost Savings Tool
Monitor Comparison Tools
Blood glucose monitors offer an easy way to test your blood sugar at home or on the go. Use this comparison tool as a guide to learn more about the features and benefits of your current monitor or to find a new one.
Handheld Monitor Comparison
Continuous Glucose Monitor Comparison
Advanced BMI Calculator
Ever wonder if you are at a healthy weight? Then enter your height and weight in our advanced Body Mass Index (BMI) calculator. This tool provides you with two important numbers reflecting the estimated impact of your present body weight and shape upon your overall health.
Advanced BMI Calculator
more Care Tools
Home | About Us | Press | Make a Suggestion | Content Syndication | Terms of Service | Editorial Policy | Privacy Policy
Last updated: Apr 24, 2014  ©1999- 2014 Body1 All rights reserved.