< REFRESH >
Topic Title: Glory Enough For All
Created On: 09/08/2009 02:45 PM

View topic in raw text format.

Bookmark and Share

10/12/2014 04:25 PM

Author Icon
Rogelio

i am also searched and searched about GLORY and cannot find a DVD anywhere in the world.

REPLY     Quote     Top     Bottom    
 01/02/2012 11:01 AM

Author Icon
PinePienaarInfo

Issn't it amazing - when you can't find it

You WANT it!
 10/21/2011 10:08 AM

Author Icon
FatCatAnna

Darn Teresa - The link I posted back in 2009 for this forum discussion has been removed at Youtube - why? - - maybe due to copyright laws - your guess is as good as mine.

I did find a video channel on Youtube - that carries the movie in - except one commenter had said that where insulin is purified - that segment was missing. So, for now, it appears this is the best we can do - so check out the link HERE! Let's hope that it remains available for now.

I searched on the Internet like yourself to see if I could find the video - but like you - nadda - zut alors.

If anyone comes up with more information - let us know!!!

-------------------------
Anna from Montreal, Canada
Type 1 since 1967
Now using a nifty CGMS along with an insulin pump!!!
 10/21/2011 04:33 AM

Author Icon
TeresaM

Why, oh why is the film GLORY ENOUGH FOR ALL not available on DVD??? I have searched and searched and cannot find a DVD anywhere in the world.

It was shown on PBS TV in Canade in1992 and I have also seen it on television here in Australia. It was a brilliant movie about Banting and Best and the discovery of insulin, and I now want to show it to my 15-y-o step-grandson who has just been diagnosed with Type 1.

I don't want it as a download, I want it as a DVD. I cannot understand why it's not available - it should be compulsory viewing for every newly-diagnosed Type 1, of whom there are thousands and thousands in the US and hundreds and hundreds here in Australia.

I can't even find out who the original distributors were - if anyone has any information, PLEASE HELP!!!!
 09/08/2009 04:21 PM

Author Icon
dorisjdickson

Anna,By any chance did you read my blog today in which I thanked Banting and Best?  As you know I can't watch this video but I think it's a great way for those who don't know who to thank for having their lives today, this is them!Thanks!Doris

Doris

diagnosed juvenile-onset diabetes 11/2/76
 09/08/2009 02:45 PM

Author Icon
FatCatAnna

This isn't exactly a NEW video - but it is a made for TV movie that was shown on CBC (Canadian Broadcasting Company) television back in the late 80's.  This made for TV movie shows you all the nitty gritty and not so pretty details of how insulin was discovered by Dr. Frederick Banting and Dr. Charles Best back in 1921. One of the diabetic forums I belong to has been discussing this  - and the only way to view it is via Youtube in sections .  It's probably not something you'd find at your local Walmart as well - like some people have been trying to find it there!  Either contacting CBC directly itself and requesting price/availability of the DVD is the only way to go. I remember watching this - and feeling quite emotional at times.  For those of you who don't know the history behind why many of us our able to lead full and productive lives as insulin dependent diabetics - then you should check it out.  If you want me to look into how to obtain a DVD on of it - just let me know - either via PM - or here on the board.  I will do my best to help you out. Also, more details on the movie - actors - detailed description - can be found at this link.

Anna from Montreal, Canada
Type 1 since 1967
Now using a nifty CGMS along with an insulin pump!!!

Bookmark and Share

View topic in raw text format.
< REFRESH >
RSS

Still Photo for Diabetes and Exercise
Exercise and Diabetes
Regular physical activity helps control blood glucose levels, weight, ...
more more Featured Videos
Cost Savings Tool
Do you know the annual cost of managing your diabetes? Would you like to find ways to reduce your costs? Calculate your total budget and identify ways to save money. You can do this in just a few minutes by entering facts about the products you use. This quick analysis will provide you with a comprehensive overview of both spending and potential savings.

Cost Savings Tool
Monitor Comparison Tools
Blood glucose monitors offer an easy way to test your blood sugar at home or on the go. Use this comparison tool as a guide to learn more about the features and benefits of your current monitor or to find a new one.
Handheld Monitor Comparison
Continuous Glucose Monitor Comparison
Advanced BMI Calculator
Ever wonder if you are at a healthy weight? Then enter your height and weight in our advanced Body Mass Index (BMI) calculator. This tool provides you with two important numbers reflecting the estimated impact of your present body weight and shape upon your overall health.
Advanced BMI Calculator
more Care Tools
Home | About Us | Press | Make a Suggestion | Content Syndication | Terms of Service | Editorial Policy | Privacy Policy
Last updated: Apr 23, 2017  © 2017 Body1 All rights reserved.