< REFRESH >
Topic Title: diabetes through the eyes of children
Created On: 06/29/2011 12:25 PM

View topic in raw text format.

Bookmark and Share

10/03/2014 12:53 PM

Author Icon
FatCatAnna

As I have replied to a few other posters of the same push for this book you are referring to (should I say "flooding" the Diabetes1.org forums with if I must be polite) in other threads .... your book is aimed mainly at Type 2 - not on insulin I believe?

-------------------------
Anna from Montreal, Canada
Type 1 since 1967
Now using a nifty CGMS along with an insulin pump!!!
    REPLY     Quote     Top     Bottom    
 10/01/2014 04:45 AM

Author Icon
Sherly800

That's so nice!! It's good to know that kids have the helping habit. It's hard to know what's causing kids to have diabetes at a young age but finding the cause and eliminating it can be very helpful. I've read this book "HIGH BLOOD SUGAR: FIND THE CAUSE AND ELIMINATE IT! " and it is very helpful to understand the cause and protect everyone from diabetes.

07/16/2011 02:01 PM

Author Icon
AllisonAWE

That project is fantastic, Anna! A very close friend of mine growing up has Type 1 diabetes, and she went to a summer camp for other diabetic children. It's very interesting to hear a child's take on the disease!
 06/29/2011 10:42 PM

Author Icon
FatCatAnna

Great video Samantha! I wish we'd had projects like this to participate in when I was a child. Children with diabetes back in the 60's was only 1% of the diabetic population compared to the 10% now almost 50 years later! Makes you wonder, what the heck is in the air we breath, food we eat that causes Type 1 diabetes!

Did you know that last year a few adult diabetics as well as children participated in the 1st Diabetes Art Day (held September 1st, 2010) by blogger Lee Ann Thill at The Butter Compartment. You'll find the link for her great project at the blog I posted last year -
http://www.diabetes1.org/blogs/Annas_Blog/Diabetes_Art_Day_September_1st

I'm hoping it's held again this year - what to create, what to create!! Hope you join in as well!!!

-------------------------
Anna from Montreal, Canada
Type 1 since 1967
Now using a nifty CGMS along with an insulin pump!!!
 06/29/2011 12:25 PM

Author Icon
samantha123

Have you ever think of what is diabetes like in the eyes of children? some child

check this out, you may get to know some of their thinking.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G7hCeE53INs

Bookmark and Share

View topic in raw text format.
< REFRESH >
RSS

Your Physical Active Part 4
Exercise Safety-Treatment Plan: Physical Activity
How to stay safe when exercising ...
more more Featured Videos
Cost Savings Tool
Do you know the annual cost of managing your diabetes? Would you like to find ways to reduce your costs? Calculate your total budget and identify ways to save money. You can do this in just a few minutes by entering facts about the products you use. This quick analysis will provide you with a comprehensive overview of both spending and potential savings.

Cost Savings Tool
Monitor Comparison Tools
Blood glucose monitors offer an easy way to test your blood sugar at home or on the go. Use this comparison tool as a guide to learn more about the features and benefits of your current monitor or to find a new one.
Handheld Monitor Comparison
Continuous Glucose Monitor Comparison
Advanced BMI Calculator
Ever wonder if you are at a healthy weight? Then enter your height and weight in our advanced Body Mass Index (BMI) calculator. This tool provides you with two important numbers reflecting the estimated impact of your present body weight and shape upon your overall health.
Advanced BMI Calculator
more Care Tools
Home | About Us | Press | Make a Suggestion | Content Syndication | Terms of Service | Editorial Policy | Privacy Policy
Last updated: Mar 27, 2017  © 2017 Body1 All rights reserved.